Dramatic drop in velocity with exact same components - strange! Ever seen this??

As far as checking scale with a known weight every so many rounds loaded, every so often etc, I just calibrate every scale I've used with a standard, then immediately check weight of powder pan I'll be using and write the weight of the pan on it with a Sharpie…….my one brass powder pan weighs 260.9 grains………anytime I take the pan off the scale and it reads anything other than -260.9, I know I need to recalibrate or reset the scale

Cornholio.gif

Sorry Bean, my phone stuck your name on my post.......
OP, it has to be a scale issue imo......velocity and pressure signs indicate bad scale reads if temp, humidity, exact same components and barrel condition are as you stated. I'd consider myself lucky the loads didn't cause injury since there is no telling what powder charge you were zinging down range with the ghost pepper loads, lol.

CAUTION

Revisiting the initial load data, the velocities are out of whack with powder increments, 122 fps for 1gr in an 86 gr load is ??? Should be more like 60fps.

Looking at Nosler data they topped out at ~3550 fps for a 140 bullet. You are pushing almost 200 fps over that.

Where did your load data come from?

Depending on the number of rounds you have shot, I'm thinking you may have some throat erosion. If everything else is okay, on occasion I have noticed that the primer holes are not consistent with some of them being smaller. Regardless I am flummoxed.

CAUTION

Revisiting the initial load data, the velocities are out of whack with powder increments, 122 fps for 1gr in an 86 gr load is ??? Should be more like 60fps.

Looking at Nosler data they topped out at ~3550 fps for a 140 bullet. You are pushing almost 200 fps over that.

Where did your load data come from?
He's shooting Hammers 200+fps is the norm

Its definitly your chrono its all about being at a different angle sometimes where the sun is where the shade is sometimes you can move it around and your bench and get it back to normal, this happens when u shoot your bow alot but also 20fps slower arrows is a big deal and so is 200fps with your rifle also your batteries always losing juice! I would bet the farm

Was barrel clean each time? Were temps similar? All components same? The only time something similar ever happened to me, I had a weak battery in my chrono. Looking forward to hearing solution!