Doozy's introduction

Doozy

I figured since I may be buying and selling on this site, I should post a little about myself.

I served in the Air Force for 10.5 years ... loved it but wanted my family to settle down, so I seperated. (Doozy is a nickname I was given when I humorously asked the SECDEF a question and included the word in my question ... He had canceled the F-22 program and I mentioned it was a "doozy of move." Ha ha. Video was featured on the local news of me asking that question and the next day everyone in my squadron was teasing me).

My young family is now in Colorado Springs area, still working for the Air Force as a contractor. I do like shooting, particularly long range (My max is at 1000 yrds, so nothing too crazy). I have no experience hunting, but will probably have that opportunity in the near future. I approach shooting scientifically, versus artistically.

I became interested in shooting while on a deployment to Afghanistan. While we had missions flying, there would be some down time and we had a lot of shooting magazines to read. After reading a few, I asked my Army coworkers if someone could teach me what all these calibers and gun terms meant. I had about 5 volunteers to teach me, Ha ha! My wife was more than happy to have some guns and the rest is history.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.