• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

don't get scammed

Knives and whiskey, yea ok, It doesn't really matter what you pay with when the seller actually ships product.

Buy powder from ammo-reloadingshop dot com and get back to us.

Knives and whiskey, yea ok

Buy powder from ammo-reloadingshop dot com and get back to us.
I don't shop on obvious scam sites, but if I did, I'd bet dollars to donuts I'd get my money back.
In case it went over your head, the "A" in ATF stands for alcohol and they don't exactly smile on the secondary market trade between individuals without a license. So please don't act like somehow buying ammo is going to be looked at differently than buying whiskey. In fact, you can buy loaded ammo all day long and ship it without worry.

Last edited:
If you use PayPal or any of the others mentioned, and you use your credit card as the method of payment, you're protected by your credit card company! When you pay using cash from your bank account you're toast if it's a scam. Simple as that, but trying to avoid the scam website to start with is my best practice.

If you use PayPal or any of the others mentioned and you use your credit card as the method of payment you're protected by your credit card company! When you pay using cash from your bank account you're toast if it's a scam. Simple as that but trying to avoid the scam website to start with is my best practice.
YES! Finally, someone that gets it!

Look, all I've tried to do here is help inform people of how to protect themselves.
A quick glance through the classifieds will easily show that paypal is a widely used payment platform. Due to new tax law, paypal friends and family is becoming the only way a seller will accept payment. In order to protect one's self, a buyer can simply use a credit card.
That's all I've been trying to convey.
If you want to take this off the rails and go off into why some guy's bullet company can no longer use paypal or whatever, then go right ahead. It doesn't apply to what I'm talking about. You clearly just want to argue with me, so I'm done. Have a good day. I won't reply to you again.
Agree 100%. Scammers will want to to use PayPal friends and family which is essentially cash. Zero protection. If they don't accept major CC, don't allow pickup, if they always seem to have items you can't find anywhere else in stock at too good to be true prices, don't have a phone number, etc. steer clear.

Funding a scammer purchase with a CC doesn't keep you from being scammed. Do this to your CC company often and they may think your the scammer!!! :)

Agree 100%. Scammers will want to to use PayPal friends and family which is essentially cash. Zero protection. If they don't accept major CC, don't allow pickup, if they always seem to have items you can't find anywhere else in stock at too good to be true prices, don't have a phone number, etc. steer clear.

Funding a scammer purchase with a CC doesn't keep you from being scammed. Do this to your CC company often and they may think your the scammer!!! :)
I think I misunderstood when I read this the first time. My apologies.
A credit card may not keep a scammer from attempting the scam, but it will keep you from forever losing your money.
As far as the cc company, as long as you aren't making disputes very often, I don't think they would have a problem protecting their customers.

Last edited:
If you use PayPal or any of the others mentioned, and you use your credit card as the method of payment, you're protected by your credit card company! When you pay using cash from your bank account you're toast if it's a scam. Simple as that, but trying to avoid the scam website to start with is my best practice.
Zelle payments can be made using your US bank account, or a Visa or Mastercard debit card. You can't use a credit card, business debit card, prepaid card, or an international debit card.

Your money isn't insured

Zelle is intended to make payments to people you trust. Money is usually received very quickly after a payment is set up, and you won't be able to cancel your transfer once you've made it. It's important to check you have the right details for any payment you make, as you may not get your money back if you send it to the wrong person by mistake.

Zelle is intended to make payments to people you trust. Money is usually received very quickly after a payment is set up, and you won't be able to cancel your transfer once you've made it. It's important to check you have the right details for any payment you make, as you may not get your money back if you send it to the wrong person by mistake.

Zelle suggests using a credit card if you're buying something from someone you don't know, as credit cards often offer buyer protection in case something goes wrong.

Zelle payments can be made using your US bank account, or a Visa or Mastercard debit card. You can't use a credit card, business debit card, prepaid card, or an international debit card.

Your money isn't insured

Zelle suggests using a credit card if you're buying something from someone you don't know, as credit cards often offer buyer protection in case something goes wrong.

Exactly why I said and "use your credit card". If it's not a available option then don't use it. I don't use Zelle so I don't worry about it.

Recent Posts