• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Anyone else get scammed by a former user named Rousey?

shaneroyce

Just curious if I'm the only one. He was a newer forum member that has recently been banned. I'm not sure if a post like this is ok in the classifieds, so if it's not, please delete. If anyone has any info, I have a little. It would be nice to put our heads together and maybe get some money back. You live and learn I guess...I have a hard time with thieves. PM me if you have any info and thanks in advance.

Thanks...I'll contact him. I'm $1550 poorer and no rifle to show for it. Glad you avoided him!

ADD RARMZ to the list tried to sell a G7 with someone else pics,asked for a pic of the turret ,wouldn't,because it wasn't his scope.And posted as a female member........

Thank you guys for the heads up. This is the only way to make this place better in my way of thinking. Hope you guys get your money back and those sh...heads get what they have coming to them. Good luck guys

Thank you. That makes me sick. So many nice honest people on here and then a few scammers cause so much miss trust, and for good reason. Our money comes hard and theirs comes so easy. Thank you very much for the list. Keep us informed. Hope you have a awesome day

Anyway cross communication with some the other sites could take place i.e. 24 Hour campfire etc identifying these thieves? Might make it more difficult for these thieves to rip someone off.

I misread the earlier post. I thought RARMZ got scammed, but sounds like he's a scammer...correct?

You know, I agree this place (and others) used to be safe, and NP to buy.. now so many sites have scammers lurking and prey on those "wanting a killer deal"

Suggestion: I just sold a BR rifle to an older gentlemen on another site. He and I actually talked and we both had many posts, and good feedback... but he said the ONLY way he would buy the rifle was his FFL would call me and let me know a Money Order was received, or cash for the Rifle (was received at his store.

FFL would take a picture of it and send to me after I talked to legitimate FFL.

Then I ship Rifle. Once Rifle was received... FFL would send to me the Mo.

A lot more hassle but I certainly understand as it was a $1500 Gun.
I did, all good and I got paid with the PO Money order.
Shame it has come to that... but for Guns, scopes, etc this may be safest way..

Until you know who your dealing with you have to be careful if it sounds to good to be true it usually is instinct plays a big part i agree about the ffl for rifles good idea but what about scopes had a good talk with shane he had some good ideas
About how using a credit card with fraud prevention might help getting your money back in the event you are scammed

Rousey messaged a few weeks ago me after i posted that i was looking to buy a Remington 700 XCR Compact in 223. He said he had one so i asked for pictures. He sent pictures, but it was for the 26" barrel version, so i said i wasn't interested. Glad i didn't go through with the sale.