does your geovids performance come and go??

cummins cowboy

I have been using some leica geovids for a few years now. The ranging abilities seem to come and go. lately I have had trouble getting ranges on snow covered terrain on coyotes much past 4-500 yards, sometimes I can get ranges way out there but that normally requires me using the scan feature, anyone else have this problem and is there a way to test to make sure my unit is working the way it should??

yes i am having the same problem but I wouldn't limit it to just snowy conditions, my hasn't ranged well for a while. Anything over 300 is a waste of time and battery because it just won't happen.

Dan

Now that is an expensive shame. I do have one bit of advice for you on the leica product - don't wait too long if you intend to send them in - using them for spring bear will not be an option and fall hunting season is only about 8 months away - you may need that much time to get them back. My old style 900 range finder had to go to Portugal and it dang near had a birthday before it got home.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.