Do you get more MOA than advertised?

Scottish Mag

I have a couple different scopes, most recently a 8.5x25 Luepy Mark 4. The specs indicate the scope is made with 75 MOA elevation adjustment.

I have gone through a mechanical zero on teh scope, and I have 84 clickable MOA of adjustment, which seems like more than should be given the specs.

I also had same event on another Mark 4 in 6.5x20.

Have any of you Mark 4 users experienced the same thing?

That might be the case, but I would try shooting it at the bottom setting and then crank it to the top and see if your getting a ture 84MOA or if the clicks are not accurate.

I have seen Leupold not give a consitent MOA adjustment every time.

Just for instance, zeroed at 100, dial 10 min and see how much it actual moved.

Heck you could just be lucky and have more adjusment!

Willys46

If I understand what you're saying correctly, you have physically turned the turret and get the amount of clicks you stated....right?

Have you locked the gun down solid in something and watched through the scope on a grid at 100 yards to see if you're actually getting that amount of total movement, or have you shot it to prove the same?

Some scopes don't always move the reticle during the last few clicks and this may be the case.

It's easy to verify, although to lock it down solid and dial it you might need a helper.

It's a good idea to prove either physically or by shooting, how much your scope actually moves as you may find that it's slightly off. This is a good thing to know as you can then be far more accurate with your dialing and or use of a ballistics program.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts