Do we need this -- AI ??

Hugnot

Upon doing a internet search on bullet stability, like Sg, the powerful all knowing AI search engine returned ... "specific gravity" when I never used the term "Sg" . Now legions & legions of internet users will be fed stupid and/or deceptive stuff, in all subjects. Imagine, going to your pharmacist and having AI help her fill your prescription, like BOTOX for indigestion. Should AI become a requirement for life decisions & be protected from a disconnect or like "pulling the plug" we are doomed.

Last edited:
Filtering through all of the information (good and bad) is the hard part in the Information Age. AI will be great in some areas (medical research, law enforcement, etc,) when used appropriately. The use of common sense and logic is becoming a lost attribute for many. Bad actors in the world with access and capabilities to develop AI algorithms scare the hello out of me.

Had a liberal roommate in college who was overweight, stunk, had a greasy pony tail and a neck beard. Googled every conversation topic to find a contrarian position on every subject that came up in the house. Every Ai answer I've ever seen has been roughly the same interaction as talking with him. Basically a context free amalgamation of data that's accurate only through the most tongue in cheek liberal bias.

Ai might take over the world; or it might end up 40, miserable, lonely and living in its moms basement.