DNZ mount

They are awesome, but be sure to use proper torque specs, and a real inch-pound torque wrench on the rings. Mine used to pop screws, till I realized that even 5 inch-pounds over the limit (which, compared to other rings was a very light torque spec) was what was causing my cap screws to break. So, I backed them off to the proper (recommended by DNZ) torque specs, and no more issues.

So, the moral of the story...Always follow manufacturer's torque specs and use a torque wrench on the DNZ products, and you should have no problems.

Also, when the screws kept breaking, I had to order more from DNZ, and a new rear ring cap, because one of the screws stripped, and I had to drill it out to keep from ruining the base. Scope caps were ALOT cheaper than whole new mount. So, I placed my order online, and then called them to get torque specs and the lady was super nice and asked what had happened, so I told her my issue, and she said she would relay the message to her husband (who was the guy who designed and machines all their stuff (they're a small operation), and she was just really nice. When my package arrived, she had sent me a whole pack of screws (I ordered 4 screws, she sent a pack of like 30), and a new set of ring caps (I only ordered 1 cap), and a hand-written note saying thank you for buying their product and that they hoped I didn't have any other problems with the stuff, and if I did, to let them know.

That's customer service right there!

I know DNZ recommends against lapping them, but does anyone lap them anyway? Also do they leave ring marks on the scope?

I'm considering using one to mount a new scope on an rifle that I have now, but I intend to move that scope to a new rifle next year, so I'm considering using Burris Signature Zee rings and a Warne base to avoid marking the scope. I'd rather use the DNZ though because it is much simplier.

I use their 4 screw tactical on my savage, I fell and the bell on my NXS hit a rock scratching gouging the aluminum,. 45 min later I shot a deer at 597 yds hitting exactly where I was aiming. Later was shooting rocks at 800 and it was dead on. So I'm satisfied in both the NXS and DNZ
Duane

I know DNZ recommends against lapping them, but does anyone lap them anyway? Also do they leave ring marks on the scope?

I'm considering using one to mount a new scope on an rifle that I have now, but I intend to move that scope to a new rifle next year, so I'm considering using Burris Signature Zee rings and a Warne base to avoid marking the scope. I'd rather use the DNZ though because it is much simplier.

I lapped the DNZ rings that's on my muzzleloader. It left bad marks on the scope before I lapped them. Also, the scope wouldn't slide freely before lapping them.

Other than that, it's been great. I even thought about going with them on my savage lrh but I ended going with weaver...

If it's a 1-piece base, it has been machined and CNC aligned, so you should not need to lap the 1-piece mount. But, if it's the 2-piece design, you might need to since the receiver bolt holes might be slightly off.

I have there one piece design on a Savage .308. No problems at all. Would buy again.
Very sturdy setup. Have a Zeiss 5x25 mounted in them.great accuracy

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts