DIY Alaska Brown Bear Hunt?

redneckclimbing

My brother is officially an AK resident! Now, how the hell do I shoot a Brown bear this spring in Game Unit 4 (tag RB0089 / RB0088), with him as my guide?

I have figured out some areas where bears are shot regularly and what weeks of the season are best (historically). Now my question is how do we get to these places and hunt bears?

I am sure that we could get flown in but I have been told that most people glass from boats? I didn't want to go and be stuck to a fairly small area with out a boat.

Any ideas from someone who has hunted this area or any of the SE Alaskan islands would be great. This tag has one of the better success rates there is, and my brother lives in Sitka, so it would work out pretty well.

I would also be more than willing to trade a Rocky Mountain Elk hunt in CO or a big mule deer hunt with someone that could get us on some bears!

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts