Dillon 750xl Initial Impressions

Bigeclipse

I received my Dillon 750xl this past Friday. I finally got it setup and running Sunday so I figured id give my first impressions. Setup was straight forward but the youtube videos helped to make it easier! This thing is definitely quality! It came packaged very well. Fit and finish is superb. When people say "If you want a progressive that works, buy a Dillon"...they aren't kidding. I popped in primers into the primer feed tube and cases into the case feedtube and off I went. I loaded up 300 rounds in about 30 minutes. I had one small issue, a case entered the feeding tube/press junctuion at an angle that prevented it from feeding into the first station. It cycled on the next pull of the lever. I have no idea if it was due to me or the machine breaking-in (if there is such a thing) or some other reason but it didnt happen again. The press will work just fine for average type rifle loads (.5-1 MOA) but for ultra precision type ammo, id stick to a single stage press. For anyone on the fence with this press to use for handgun reloads and bulk rifle loads (223/556/308 etc), stop being on the fence and go buy one. I purchased it for two main reasons, to load cheaper ammo AND to save time reloading ammo. It will take quite a while for the price of my reloaded ammo to "pay the machine back" BUT the time savings I now will have is definitely worth it.

Sounds like you picked a good press, lot of member's think pretty highly of them. Dillon's known for quality.

Sounds like you picked a good press, lot of member's think pretty highly of them. Dillon's known for quality.
Yes. Definitely a very nice press. I am sure people have the ability to load pretty dang accurate rounds on this thing too BUT I think it would take too much time and energy to set the press up that way versus just using a single stage press. Other than that, I think anyone would be happy with this press but higher volume hand gun rounds and decently accurate rifle rounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.