Dewey Cleaning Rods šŸ˜³

quandary

Is it just me or have others had problems with ordering from Dewey? In June my I received my Tikka based 300WM build and I was expecting a 6.5PRC I ordered from Travis Stevens to come within the next 3 months. So I ordered the complete cleaning kits from Dewey for both rifles. When I opened the kit for the 300 the jag and adaptor to use the brushes were not packaged into what they shipped me. No big deal contacted them they sent it right out. Nice. Well I received the new 6.5PRC yesterday. Mounted the scope today. Started pulling apart the Dewey cleaning equipment for the 6.5PRC. First the rod guide doesn't insert into the bore, second they again didn't package the jag with the kit. The rod guide they sent is identical to the 300 wm guide, obviously wrong... Don't know what's going on there but this has become ridiculous. Assuming they fix this all immediately on Monday fine, but they should be better.

I also went down to Cabelas (I wanted to get to the range and start break-in, didn't know I had no jag at when I went) and bought what was marked as the correct bore guide. To short and also didn't insert into the bore, I just don't know what to say.

To follow up. I will give Dewey credit they are responsive and follow up. Packing orders not so good. They immediately mailed me the missing jag, good. The 6.5PRC rod guide is in fact the same guide as for the a 300. They tell you to switch the sealing o-rings around. I did this put it into the chamber, pulled it out and the o-ring rolls off into the chamber, every time. Plus a disappointing seal.

Conclusion, great rods, jags, brushes etc. Bore guides are fine for non-PRC rifles although as I learned there are far better available.

In a search for a decent bore guide for a PRC I found PMA tools. Just received the bore guides for the 6.5 & 7PRCs. These bore guides are awesome! They work flawlessly, fit the chamber like a glove, superior quality. They are pricey but well worth the extra money.