• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Deviant 6.5 SLR barrled action, dies, brass, new!

deadnbrkn84

I've got a melonited Defiance Deviant 6.5 SLR barreled action I'm thinking about selling. It's Basically brand new, got 42 rounds through it (broke in the barrel, sent it off to get melonited, and then about 25 after I got it back). It's a 26" Rock Creek 1:8 5R twist remington varmint contour, with a Ross 3 port 1" muzzle brake timed on the end of it.

I did a small little ladder test on it with 2 rounds of each charge up to the max to see what it would do with the Berger 130's. I was just doing this to see where it would start to show pressure and then I could determine a good starting point. I filled the case all the way to the neck with H4350 on the hottest loads. I never got any signs of pressure in this rifle and it had the 130's singing up to 3080fps. Now I'm not saying it will shoot well there as it was just with a magneto speed attached and didn't even have a scope on it. Just that it's capable of that.

The barrel was chambered up by my smith who's done absolutely impeccable work for me for the last couple of years. He's been chambering barrels for 30+ years and holds many benchrest records. Another customer of his was inducted into the benchrest hall of fame shooting barrels that this smith has chambered. Needless to say his work is as good as it comes.

The only "imperfection" on this barreled action if you want to call it that is that this barrel was originally chambered for my Surgeon and I ended up selling the surgeon in lieu of another Defiance. In doing so he stamped in the Surgeon name into the barrel (it's his practice so you can't accidentally put the wrong barrel on a different action). This is the only thing on it that's not perfect, and it won't really be visible anyway. My smith knocked the shoulder back on this barrel and refit it for this Defiance action.
Payment via check (held until cleared, MO, etc.)

For those who are not familiar with the 6.5 SLR, it's just like a 6.5 Creedmoor but with a bit more case capacity and the brass holds up a lot longer. Fire forming is NOT needed, you just lube up Win .243 brass and run it up through the die. That's it. So you get a cartridge with more power, better brass, and cheaper brass (Win vs. Hornady). To learn more about it go to:
6.5 Super LR

Action details:
Short action (r700 footprint)
Medium Fluting on the bolt
Tactical bolt knob
Hybrid length side port
Guardian mag well cut (for any type of mags including AW)
Mini 16 extractor
Angular cut firing pin shroud

Brass: I have 256 formed virgin brass and 34 once fired.

I'd be looking for $2200 Shipped for the ENTIRE package.

Includes:
Barreled action (no trigger)
Formed brass (290 total)
Redding Competition dies w/Ti bushing and 6.5 VLD seater stem ($50 upgrade)
Hornady type threaded case for measuring seating depth

I also have the reamer available as well, if the buyer was interested for $120. This is a 100% perfect drop in barreled action that will shoot lights out. Let me know if you have any questions. I can provide lots of feedback from other sites if there is an interested buyer.

Thanks so much.

Now for the pictures (stock and trigger are NOT included):

ibpXZ64TjCCcdl.jpg

iOmqYKfRdKBpA.jpg

ibnhidvigY9T45.jpg

ibiYtFdCbtgPJn.jpg

iLiSz0lRhS5bz.jpg

iMPEbS3ldRVKO.jpg

ib2wB1vFIUj5pk.jpg

iS4DXa47PRqko.jpg

ibj8pqzRKOc2e2.jpg

Outstanding. If I already didn't have the same setup I'd save myself the wait time and buy yours.

Best of luck with selling the setup!