Detachable Bipod

JohnyRingo

Do they make a quick-release, detachable rifle bipod? I am sure I have seen them on television, but I can't seem to find one online. I've had Harris bipods and I don't want something semi-permanent on my rifle to add weight and be uncomfortable on my shoulder while packing it. It I could pack a lightweight bipod in my pocket or backpack and then quickly attach it on the shot, that would be the hot setup for me.

"Semi-permanent"? Harris bipods come on and off in 10 seconds or less. Perhaps something like an Atlas is lighter. There are some carbon ones out there in the $300 range. Perhaps those which attach to a Picatinney section are faster. Leupold markets one which attaches magnetically, of which I am skeptical, but take a look if you're interested.

[Sponsored]BIpod Attachment Swivel Stud Mount to Picatinny Rail Converter Tactical by Green Blob Outdoos

I'm running Larue Tactical Harris bi pod adapter and really getting along well. The Larue mount's solid to a picatinny rail.
The adapter allows me to remove bi pod in manner of seconds. Easy to go from rifle to rifle once have all rifle set up alike.

I'm running Larue Tactical Harris bi pod adapter and really getting along well. The Larue mount's solid to a picatinny rail.
The adapter allows me to remove bi pod in manner of seconds. Easy to go from rifle to rifle once have all rifle set up alike.
Same here.

Take a look at these. https://kramerdesignscorp.com/V2SnipePod.html

I have been using the Summit Points but the sitting position sticks don't collapse so they are a little awkward to carry. Good product otherwise. I am going to try the above product. Good luck.

I have a snipepod, which I've used on a bull elk hunt and a whitetail hunt in Idaho.
Pros:
Super light
-Tall enough to get you out of the grass when sitting
-Super light weight
-Claim to be height adjustable. I feel that's debatable
Cons:
-They are long enough that leaving them on your gun either causes a snagging issue or makes it so you have mess with getting them extended before you can take a shot.
-They are free swiveling, so you can't load then like a bipod. You have to find a third point of rest like a stump or rock to get a really good hold.
-The new case is almost worthless. They used to come with a sealing neoprene case, which was great. Now they come with a belt-mounted clip that doesn't do anything to protect them. I ended up putting mine in an old wool sock to keep them protected but still stay quiet.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.