deleted

Re: Center Point Optics

I wish you the best of luck. Center Point gave scopes away when they first came out and got some good reviews from the rimfire guys. I personally can't imagine trading a Nikon for a $70 scope with a bunch of gee-gaws though.

... but what if it works better than a Savorski or a Euupold? Then I'll have to put in a negative post similar to yours above, and then you'll feel BAD while I am out there making them 600 yard antelope shots or killin elk at 946 with goodgrouper. Derision and devisiveness are no good for this website young man.

Gee it took me one whole minute to boresight it after I levelled the table, gun vise, and rifle. Ten clicks left and my neighbors truck hubcap is dead center in the bore. Cant wait to shoot it, I hope it dont snow Wednesday.

... but what if it works better than a Savorski or a Euupold? Then I'll have to put in a negative post similar to yours above, and then you'll feel BAD while I am out there making them 600 yard antelope shots or killin elk at 946 with goodgrouper. Derision and devisiveness are no good for this website young man.

Gee it took me one whole minute to boresight it after I levelled the table, gun vise, and rifle. Ten clicks left and my neighbors truck hubcap is dead center in the bore. Cant wait to shoot it, I hope it dont snow Wednesday.

My post wasn't negative, I wished you luck and stated that they've got some good reviews. If it "works better than a Savorski or a Euupold" why would would put in a negative post?

Wife, dogs, and I took my bore sighted 7mm Rem Mag to the range at noon on Christmas Day. Seems the new scope only needed 5 shots to zero for 200 at 100 yrds. Then I shot up the rest of the box trying to shake it loose inside. Scope seems to work ok and is very very clear. The borsighted windage was perfect :) but my elevation was a bit high, and the windage clicks are more prominent than the elevation clicks. I think I am going to like the mildot reticle, which I have never had before. The dots seem to subtend 4" at 100 yrds( wind or elev) between dots, so I got to figure what that all means for ranging as I sold my CLR800 in hopes of getting an ATK1500 in springtime. When I got home I set the zero dials on the scope, so all that left is to shoot it out to a longer distance. But I should be good to go now for elk and mulies and maybe antelope.

Here's some pics and a short vid wife took with the camera she bought me. Vid is a bit grainy( gotta work on that) :

LONG RANGE pictures, photos, and videos, from friends & fun on webshots

First is this the same scope Wal-mart sells for $69.95? I purchased one and put it on a center fire rifle. It shot well at first but very quickly lost the ability to hold point of aim. I sent it back and they sent me a new one. It is still in the package. Please keep us informed of how it does in the future. I hope it works out for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.