Defiance Actions?

I dont know with certainty. My foreman sent it out with some drill bits that needed sharpening and asked if they could coat it with them to save money, and i dont have any idea what company our tool grinders use to do all their coatings.

I dont know off the top of my head, but i can look up the name of who my company uses do all of our work.

mgood: Check out Precisionrifleblog and what the top PRS shooters are choosing for an action and I think you will find Defiance actions are well respected. GA Precision and some of the top smiths use Defiance. I have one on my 300WM and think it is great. I have not had any corrosion problems. I like the Defiance action well enough I recently ordered a custom 338 edge with a Defiance action. (I went looking for smiths using the Defiance action and ended up going with Lane Precision.)

If you are not interested in the full rail, check out the Defiance web site and you'll see that their standard hunter comes with the full rail but the light weight hunter and other options come with a partial rail for rings.

I just received one two weeks ago on a 338 Norma. It is a great action. I will have another one very soon

I sure would like to see more on the CRF option as well as the 3 position safety. That along with the long action Mausingfield are the top two on my wish list....

I love mine and I own several of them and most of the guys I shoot with run them as well.
Why, because they will build you what you want and stand behind it. They also have treated me like I am their top customer even back to the first day I called Norm and was just looking for info. There are other great products out there that are also top end, I am not saying that you will not be happy going one with them. I just have been very pleased and continue to be with Defiance products. I have another on order right now for a 28 Nosler.

I have a Deviant Hunter with rail on my 300 WM. I'm NOT very nice to my equipment until after the hunt is over. I'm a backpack hunter and seem to end up hunting mid to late seasons (really awful rain, sleet and snow). This year, my elk hunt was a cake walk, very nice weather. My Deer Hunt, on the other hand, was pretty miserable. It rained, snowed and sleeted on me for 3 days (continuous). I didn't get a chance to dry my equipment out until I was home with my buck. No rush, no signs of any of the bad things I put my rifle through. I typically ride my dirt bike in a few miles (scraping it along every piece of brush), then I hike in a few miles to set up camp, then I drag it around from ridge to ridge. I don't even think about my equipment because I trust that it can handle the task. Defiance is a key piece of the puzzle, I have no reason to ever buy a different brand of action.

My gun is cerakoted in black and have no clearance / tolerance issues.

Thanks for all the responses.

I'd pretty well decided on the Deviant Hunter a while back and now I think that decision is final. I just wanted to make sure there weren't a bunch of people here with a bunch of good reasons not to get said action. Didn't want to wait until after ordering to find out I made a mistake.

Hoping to scrape together enough nickels to order before the end of the year, which is coming up fast. Brux barrel was ordered almost a month ago and I just ordered some brass from Rich (cart before the horse, but whatever).

This is for a 6.5 Sherman Shortmag.
It's going to be the Medium length (same as a 700 short action).

Later I may get another in the XM length for a 325 WSM seated a little longer than standard. Guy on the phone told me the XM can feed with an overall length out to 3.20" I'm thinking my WSM may go 3.06" or so to seat heavier bullets without the base of the bullet taking up powder capacity.

what bullet you going to shoot out of 325. The selection is kinda limited isnt it. I shot bit stuff with mine just factory,doesnt see much action since my customs

what bullet you going to shoot out of 325. The selection is kinda limited isnt it.

The selection is limited, but there are bullets to select from. I want to shoot 220+ gr bullets and there just aren't a whole lot of them. If I wanted to shoot 180 gr bullets, I could do that with a 300 mag of some sort and have a better BC. So I figure heavier bullets are where I'll see some advantage to the bigger bore.
My top candidates are
Barnes 200 gr TSX
Hawk 220 gr
Nosler 200 gr AccuBond (I wish they'd make a 220 AB.)
Nosler 200 gr Partition
Sierra 220 gr GameKing
Swift 220 gr A-Frame (I'm leaning toward this for a big bear cartridge.)

I bought an 8mm Rem Mag not too long ago. Haven't killed anything with it yet, just getting it dialed in. I've been shooting 200 gr AccuBond but I intend to try some of the others on that list.

I shoot the 200 NAB. I have 340 Wby which I shoot 250 Nab out of,then 300 OTM out of my 2 338 NM

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.