Deer hunting shows

bullelk6

What happens to all the deer that are killed on these shows?Do they taste any good after laying in the woods with the guts in them for several hours?I see all these shows on the outdoor channel and i cant imagine all those rich people would eat the deer they kill and leave in the woods for hours like they show on tv.I would love to go hunt whitetail like they do but in Oregon we dont have many of them mostly mule deer.We dont get to hunt them in rut and i wonder if whitetail taste very good in rut?

I was watching a show the other day and the generous hunter donated his skinned antelope that had flies all over it to the food bank...., but I think he kept the rack.

I notice the amount of replies to my question of what happens to all of the meat was very low .I dont want to ruffle the feathers of these high paid hunters,i am only curious as to how these animals taste after being so poorly taken care of.

I have wondered the same. Here in Idaho we have muleys and white tail. I have taken and enjoyed both. Hunting concerns for me #1: put them down clean. #2: get to them take a quick pic and save the meat. #3: get them to the cooler. #4: take the time to admire the antlers and revel in my success. Because these are my priorities and I believe that is the respect due in payment for the life I took, I find a little insult in many of those shows and doubt they do our sport any great service. P.S. If I already have an elk in the freezer. My dear meat goes to dad and brother but still out of respect is a priority. I trophy hunt as much as is practical for the area and time I have but after the shot priorities are always the same.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.