Deal of the Century!!!!!

megastink

I walked into Cabelas in Hamburg, Pa yesterday just to poke around. I was in tha market for a Savage 7mm-08 as a lightweight "carrying" rifle for these eastern Pa woods (most shots are within 75 yards). I glanced at their 11 Hunter XP/nokin combo for $450, which was nice....... but then I saw it.....

A beautiful grey laminate stock and blued barrel. She was pretty. I took a number and after 20 minutes, she was in my hand. It was a "Cabelas Exclusive" Savage 111 with Accutrigger chambered in .270 win. I was in love. And the best part? Its was only $350!!!!!!!!

My origional plan was to buy the 11 Hunter XP, sell the tupperware stock and Nikon scope for a total of $140 off the price I paid, leaving me with a $310 barrelled action, which I was going to drop into a Boyd's Grey Lam stock, bed it and call it a deer rifle. So, I basically found the exact gun I wanted, in a more capable caliber, for LESS than my original idea!

These guns are apparently on clearance accross the country for $350. They are chambered in .257 Roberts, .25-06, 7mm Mag, .270 and .30-06. My Cabelas only had .270 and .30-06. They all have accutriggers. This is a great deal no matter how you slice it, so if you are looking for a long action for a build or perhaps just want a purdy looking long action, stop by Cabelas and bring some cash.

-Mega

I can't upload pics, sorry....

You won't find any info on the Cabelas site; however; google something like, "Cabelas Exclusive Savage 111 grey laminate stock" and see what other guys who bought these have to say.
From what I gather, these rifles are leftovers from a special run Savage did for Cabelas some time ago. Original price was around $600. Now, these are all on clearance for $350. My .270 was lites for $399, and there was the exact same model next to it in .30-06 for $350. Two arguments an one extra sales rep later, we found out that the SKU in the system was marked as $349, and therefore, my .270 was mismarked.
They dropped the price for me, an I was sold. After taxes and fees, I paid a total of $376: not too shabby!!!

I would say to call up your local Cabelas (or just GO THERE) and ask if they have a Savage 111 with a grey laminate stock. If they do, ask what caliber. I think they only have long actions. If the price is $400 or less, it's time to make a face to face appearance. Buy them, buy them all before they are gone!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.