New member beating the 6.5 PRC horse (Black Friday deal)

mofarmboy

A local chain store has the savage 110 tactical in 6.5 PRC for 500$ after rebate with another 90$ off if you do gift cards. I've got 1200ish to spend on gun optic and accessories. I had it narrowed down to the savage, bergara HMR, ruger go wild (if they ever get off back order). I already have a ruger predator in 6.5 CM but my son has fallen in love with it. Main use will be white tails out to 600 and coyotes out to infinity. I can shoot 800yds from my back deck after the crops are harvested and need something to scratch that itch. Should I jump on this deal or hold out for the bergara or ruger and a cheaper optic.

I love mine! But its freaking heavy for what it is....
1/2 moa usually.

Something to consider is ammo. Real hard to find affordable 6.5 prc fodder and its probably going to be that way a while.

Attachments

• 20200408_223152.jpg
    20200408_223152.jpg
    471.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of savage....they aren't heirloom quality for sure...theres way better looking rigs out there, but for the price and the typical out of the box accuracy they're hard to beat.
My favorite moment was outshooting a relative with my $300 savage 22-250 grouping 1/2moa, vs his $1000 RPR 6.5CM grouping 3 targets wide...lol
I went ahead and sighted his rifle in for him afterward

I'm a huge fan of savage....they aren't heirloom quality for sure...theres way better looking rigs out there, but for the price and the typical out of the box accuracy they're hard to beat.
My favorite moment was outshooting a relative with my $300 savage 22-250 grouping 1/2moa, vs his $1000 RPR 6.5CM grouping 3 targets wide...lol
I went ahead and sighted his rifle in for him afterward
I ****ed a guy off with my kids 6.5 axis 2 Xp. Itwas the same thing. He had 2k into his setup. I was using hornady factory ammo to break the barrel and collect brass. He ended buying one.

I love mine! But its freaking heavy for what it is....
1/2 moa usually.

Something to consider is ammo. Real hard to find affordable 6.5 prc fodder and its probably going to be that way a while.
I noticed the insane shortage of everything PRC. Surely in a few months things will settle back down....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts