DBM recommendations for Remmy

archanfire

As I edge closer to getting Rem700 270win, I'm looking at DBM's. I simply don't see the need to spend a lot of money on something like the Badger, so I've narrowed down to PTG or Atlasworks(Australia). Does anyone have any field/first hand experience with either or both. My sources for them put them about $80(Atlas being the higher) from each other, so looking for any intel, Many thanks in advance

I use Hawkins M5 stuff and it's been flawless as is most of their stuff in my experience. Never see the atlasworks stuff and PTG has an ok reputation.
I looked at the Hawkins prior to posting. The only thing that gave me pause was the in-guard magazine release. I'm more afraid I will accidentally push it with my finger than I am with the lever snagging on the outside 😬

Thanks

I went a different route. I got a ADL then allocated the money for AICS bottom metal towards a chassis stock. Which was cheaper in the end, unless you already have a stock for it.

I went a different route. I got a ADL then allocated the money for AICS bottom metal towards a chassis stock. Which was cheaper in the end, unless you already have a stock for it.
Considering chassis too. I've already got 1 picked of I go that route 👍

Was looking at the Bravo, but heard it has/had issues with MDT and some other mags. Considering the MDT XRS. I had a HS Precision(for my 700 SA) cut for a dbm. Sold it for a Grayboe, but now my mags rattle around way more in it than the HS/DBM😞

Hawkins is kind of become the bottom metal that everyone else is measured against. Credit where it's due, they make a darn fine product at reasonable prices. I switched to their stuff strictly because the owner promised no Rattle. Their quality won me over, don't really look anywhere else anymore.

Was looking at the Bravo, but heard it has/had issues with MDT and some other mags. Considering the MDT XRS. I had a HS Precision(for my 700 SA) cut for a dbm. Sold it for a Grayboe, but now my mags rattle around way more in it than the HS/DBM😞
My stock came with a MDT mag. I haven't used it much but so far it's been okay.

I looked at the Hawkins prior to posting. The only thing that gave me pause was the in-guard magazine release. I'm more afraid I will accidentally push it with my finger than I am with the lever snagging on the outside 😬

Thanks
I wouldnt worry about that release. It takes some pressure and a little bit of travel to get it to release. You can also adjust the spring pressure on it. Hawkins is about all I use now.

Recent Posts