Day off

Elkeater

Wife was sick today so I stayed home to take care of my 5 and 6 year old. They are homeschooled and usually my wife stays home with them but with her being sick I took a day off. Not one to sit around the house all day I asked the kids if they wanted to go coyote hunting. They said yes so we went out for a quick afternoon hunt. I went out to a pasture I have called coyotes in on before that was a quick easy 200 yard walk from the truck. We snuck out there with the kids all covered up in my old snow cover ups over their snow clothes. We sat down in a shadow in the willows and I explained about hiding in the shadows. I put the decoy out sat down made three howls and this coyote came up a ditch 100 yards out looking for a girlfriend. So he caught a 40 gr v max for his troubles. We must have set up within 200 yards of him because he was there 15 seconds after I started calling. Kids were excited.
1D6ED034-5C4C-431B-913A-8C9A0D3A7975.jpeg

Your kids old enough to shoulder a .22LR or an AR carbine and send some lead downrange? My brother got his kids bustin' caps about as soon as they were big enough to hold a Buckmark or shoulder an AR carbine. The son, whom is from Vietnam, really loves the AR platform and the M1911. The daughter, from China, is into Ruger MkII autos and .22LR revolvers. Both kids, from Communist countries, are extremely pro-gun. They can burn-up plenty of ammo in one afternoon. My brother makes an excellent-plus living, so he always has more money to buy them more ammo...

Your kids old enough to shoulder a .22LR or an AR carbine and send some lead downrange? My brother got his kids bustin' caps about as soon as they were big enough to hold a Buckmark or shoulder an AR carbine. The son, whom is from Vietnam, really loves the AR platform and the M1911. The daughter, from China, is into Ruger MkII autos and .22LR revolvers. Both kids, from Communist countries, are extremely pro-gun. They can burn-up plenty of ammo in one afternoon. My brother makes an excellent-plus living, so he always has more money to buy them more ammo...

They do enjoy shooting. My daughter in particular enjoys popping balloons with my AR. And she will kill the heck out of a tin can with her .22. The younger one enjoys shooting but what he really enjoys is reloading and cleaning or tinkering with guns.

Wife was sick today so I stayed home to take care of my 5 and 6 year old. They are homeschooled and usually my wife stays home with them but with her being sick I took a day off. Not one to sit around the house all day I asked the kids if they wanted to go coyote hunting. They said yes so we went out for a quick afternoon hunt. I went out to a pasture I have called coyotes in on before that was a quick easy 200 yard walk from the truck. We snuck out there with the kids all covered up in my old snow cover ups over their snow clothes. We sat down in a shadow in the willows and I explained about hiding in the shadows. I put the decoy out sat down made three howls and this coyote came up a ditch 100 yards out looking for a girlfriend. So he caught a 40 gr v max for his troubles. We must have set up within 200 yards of him because he was there 15 seconds after I started calling. Kids were excited.View attachment 174207
Very nice,kids and hunting results,best part ,home schooled only way to go nowadays. THX great story.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.