• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Dan Wesson Guardian

Love mine. If shipping wasn't a pain/impossible I'd sell mine only because I never shoot it

Love mine. If shipping wasn't a pain/impossible I'd sell mine only because I never shoot it
It isn't difficult at all. I also live in SE Wa (Walla Walla) and just Monday shipped an Olympic 22 target pistol to East Tx. PM incoming

Regarding handguns-
It is not hard if you find a willing FFL….My regular FFLs aren't intended in shipping something they didn't sell…
Otherwise you are either breaking the law (USPS) or not following the rules (which doesn't bother me much at all but I don't like lying for any reason)

For rifles it's easy as I always used USPS..

PM reply coming

Regarding handguns-
It is not hard if you find a willing FFL….My regular FFLs aren't intended in shipping something they didn't sell…
Otherwise you are either breaking the law (USPS) or not following the rules (which doesn't bother me much at all but I don't like lying for any reason)

PM reply coming
DHBWA you're a good man, I'm sure you've figured out who PPP was if you didn't already know. He doesn't much care about laws……

Regarding handguns-

PM reply coming
I have not seen the PM reply you alluded to above.

Yes one must use an FFL to recieve the gun but one does not have to ship it out through an FFL even though some FFL's will only accept from another FFL, but the laws do not require this. That said it is wise to be careful! It isn't even close to worth the risk to break a Federal law over the kinds of small (usually) amounts of money involved.

The FFL's nearby you who will not assist customers with shipping are losing out a grand opportunity to build loyalty from customers as well as sell them firearms accessories and other firearms when customers come in to drop off for shipping or pick up a shipped firearm. Oh well, it isn't illegal to be short sighted and a poor businessman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never understood why an FFL doesn't want to accept or ship for someone. The owner of the business rarely helps you. Their employees do. I'm not sure what gunshop employees get paid hourly but I don't think it's near the $40-60 they charge you for 15 mins or less worth of work. Also as stated above it gets customers into your store which allows you ability to sell accessories, ammo, scopes, or they may see an item they been looking for. I had a gunshop that waived ffl fee if you spent $75. They upped it to $100 and then stopped it when covid hit. Cant blame them as everything was flying of the shelves anyway. I hope they bring it back if things ever get back to normal.

Last comment. What I said is true…
If don't have an FFL you can only ship long guns thru USPS and not break a law (shipping a hand gun USPS) or a company policy (USPS and FedEx).
Many FFLS quit shipping because they are required to fill out more paperwork today for the shipping company. What I was told

Last comment. What I said is true…
If don't have an FFL you can only ship long guns thru USPS and not break a law (shipping a hand gun USPS) or a company policy (USPS and FedEx).
Many FFLS quit shipping because they are required to fill out more paperwork today for the shipping company. What I was told
UPS was willing to ship handguns from a private party to an FFL until very recently. Sadly, your point is now spot on. Shipping firearms is a bit more involved than it used to be or should be. Fortunately for me several local FFL's are happy to ship and recieve firearms for a very small fee. $15.00 at my favorite shop to be the recipient and NO charge other than actual shipping for sending one out. Needless to say, I buy from them as oft as I can. Sorry none of your shops there are as forward thinking or customer service oriented.

Glad I am done with all that now. Sold my hunting guns except one and no longer even playing the gun show game. I sense and relate to your frustration, too much red tape.