• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Dakota Model 97 Deluxe Hunter

ghay

This "Safe Queen" qualifies as "used" but doesn't show it. Chambered in .300 Win Mag with very few rounds ever fired, this gorgeous rifle is a legitimate heirloom and the best hunting action ever in my opinion. I've owned a number of Dakota's over the years and they are fabulous. With a jeweled bolt, three position Model 70 Winchester style safety and fantastic wood it is a joy to look at as well as a serious piece of hunting equipment. My 375 H&H Dakota Safari was a dream rifle on several Africa hunts and this one was going to accompany me there again, but I've decided not to risk getting it scratched up in the thorn country where I'm headed. I keep reaching for my more "experienced" rifles when headed to the bush, so this beauty deserves a new home. I also have some ammo, dies, brass and a good number of bullets that could be sold at a good discount to the buyer.

Rifle alone...$3950
Swarovski AV 4-12x50/ Talley Detachable rings...$800
Rifle/Scope...$4550

Attachments

• tempImageAMFllB.png
    tempImageAMFllB.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 342
  • tempImageOvE27k.png
    tempImageOvE27k.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 347
  • tempImagee26hMd.png
    tempImagee26hMd.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 344
  • tempImageXO7LYB.png
    tempImageXO7LYB.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 338
  • tempImageIezv88.png
    tempImageIezv88.png
    1 MB · Views: 331
  • tempImageyZHCqE.png
    tempImageyZHCqE.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 314
  • tempImage5UheZm.png
    tempImage5UheZm.png
    756.7 KB · Views: 300
  • tempImageKSWuDX.png
    tempImageKSWuDX.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 327
Thank you Paul, I hope all is well with you folks!!

These incredibly crafted rifles are very rarely up for sale and almost every time you see one, they are synthetic and not the Deluxe version with the jeweled bolt and beautiful wood. Buying a newer Parkwest version (Parkwest is the resurrected Dakota and is staffed by many of the same people that built this one before the Remington debacle) will be a whole lot more expensive.

I literally purchased this one from a poorly lit picture and thought it was in only fair condition and planned to hunt it without regard to condition. Especially, since I have so much experience with how they hold their value and how flawlessly they operate along with their amazing accuracy. However, I was stunned to open the box on a gun that looked almost brand new and immediately decided that I was not going to subject it to the African thorn bushes. I would have little hesitation to utilize it in the hunting I do here but my safe is overflowing already with those types of guns. Someone is going to be very happy to give this one an honored place in their rifle line-up. If you have any questions or offers give me a shout.

Someone on another forum asked for the LOP and I realized that I had failed to disclose it on here as well...length of pull is the standard 13.5"

This is almost as nice as the Model 10 I purchased from you some years ago. Very nice example of a 97. Wish I could find a way to pick this one up too.

Thank you, I was surprised to see that on the 97 too, but it was listed as an ordered option in their catalogue. I think it was a $225 or $250 add if memory serves.

This is almost as nice as the Model 10 I purchased from you some years ago. Very nice example of a 97. Wish I could find a way to pick this one up too.
Yeah that Model 10 was one of the best I've seen! This 97 would look really good in your safe as well...just sayin!

I have no need for another 300, but have been looking at the Parkwest rifles on GI, and they are at least double this price, just like Cooper Montana and Cooper Arkansas.

GLWS.

That's true, the same team has all the original designs and are turning out some great rifles. But as you say...double the money. Inflation is no doubt largely responsible plus the high tech equipment they are using these days.

I'm reducing the price to $3750. If it doesn't sell, I'll probably just keep it as a collector's item. It's too rare to sacrifice.

Additional information on this rifle obtained from Parkwest:
It is a "Don Allen" era gun manufactured in 12/04 and has a XXX Turkish Walnut stock along with the jeweled bolt, which in their words makes it "extremely rare." He also volunteered that "prices for the very same rifle built in their shop today would well exceed $7,000."