• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Dakota Model 10 260 Rem Single Shot Rifle

Havingfun

I finally did it. I always swore I'd never own a rifle that I wouldn't take out and use the heck out of it but this rifle is so incredibly beautiful that I just can't do it. If I took it out and scratched it (which I know darn well I would), I'd end up sending it back to Dakota Arms for repair which kinda defeats the purpose of having it to use. To that end I'm letting it go.

I'm looking for an even up trade for a Blaser F16 Sporting shotgun or will sell for $3950.

Below is a great description of the rifle as provided by GHAY who sold me this wonderful piece;

This is by far the most beautiful rifle I have ever owned, held, shot and maybe ever seen. I am going to miss just getting it out of the safe and just bringing it to my shoulder. It just exudes quality and "feel". On top of that, it really shoots. I have not gotten to fire more than 75 rounds in break in and preliminary load development but it will be a shooter for sure.

Action: Dakota's proprietary "falling Block " type single shot. It is color case hardened including the lever, grip cap and trigger guard.

Scope/Rings/Bases: Rings and Bases are Talley and the scope is a Leupold VXIII
2.5 x 8 x36.

There are a couple of very tiny handling marks I couldn't get to show up in the photos but otherwise it is "as new".

The barrel is 23" long and has a barrel band sling swivel.

The wood stock is an exceptional "AAA" grade but is easily as pretty as any I have ever seen.

If you're not familiar with these rifles, I can only say it is the handiest little gun I've ever shot. One rifleman I know said "it's like picking up a fine fly rod when you pick up a Model 10". I couldn't agree more.

Pictures are also from Gary and used with his permission:

If you're not familiar with the 260 Rem. - just think of the 6.5 Creedmoor as these two cartridges are almost identical. I might have pushed a single box of 260s through it since I purchased. I'm on the bubble as to selling it so I'm not really in a mood to even respond to low-ball offers. If you know Blasers, then you can appreciate the Dakota.

Attachments

• IMG_0922.JPG
    IMG_0922.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0920.JPG
    IMG_0920.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0924.JPG
    IMG_0924.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1004.JPG
    IMG_1004.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1007.JPG
    IMG_1007.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 20
Re: Incredible Dakota Model 10 260 Rem WTT Blaser F16 shotgun

Holy crap! Free bump for the best looking fun I've seen in a long time.

Back up before I decide to take it out this season.

Unbelievably nice looking rifle in a great caliber.

Price lowered to $3595 . This rifle costs over $5K from Dakota without scope. Last posting before I wise up and keep it for one of my grandsons (after I use it of course).

BTT before I take it out into the woods.

You won't find a nicer Dakota Model 10 for anywhere close to this price .