dailing for inbetween distances

foreign

so im getting into so longer range bunnie shooting and was wondering how others now the right amount to dial in for the longet shots when lets say you have a drop chart for every 25 m. lets say ur using a .223 and theres a bunnie at 615m. your drop chart has a 600m correction and a 625m one too but how do you know what to dial for 615m.
lets say the drop at 600m is 88inchs and drop at 625 is 98inchs. so you cant just use one or the other since thats 10 inchs difference...
any info would be great. could go in 10m increments or maybe 1m ones:D

Just guesstimate, a quarter minute at 600 yds is 1.5 inches so that will have an affect on how accurate you can be anyway. My rough rule of thumb is that it will drop more in the second half 613 - 625 yds than the first half 600 - 613 so I fudge accordingly.
Running 10 yd spacing will be more accurate.

Stu.

I know its not an option for me right now, but get a pocket P.C and use a program that allows you to type in you exact range. I think that you can pick up a used one for under $50 US.

hey angus, noyt an option for me either. bout to spens like 700$nz on a scope. will be lucky if i can afford reloading supplies for a while.:)

I just recently bought a palm M105 off trademe for $16 including postage, I put on it a free ballistic program that I can get to agree within 0.2 MOA with my other ballistic programs out to 1000 yds. I did have to decrease the MV down by 20 fps for it to work though.

I am using the top program mentioned in this thread.

simple pda ballistic calculator? -

Stu.

hey stu thats a great price.
did i tell you i got a chamios the other day and a pig within 200m of it to . up the hurunui lakes area. was good. might write something up on here about it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.