CZ 550 bullet grouping

bartrak

I have a CZ550 in 22-250 with laminated stock and am trying to work up a good load for it. I have tried several loads with H380, Varget,H4895 using Hornady 55grn Vmax,40grn Vmax and Sierra 52grn hpbt. I get about the same group with each of these load but none are where I want the gun to be. Most are 1moa @100yds but I like my varmit gun to be 1/2moa or less.
I took the action out of the stock and the only thing I can see is the fron pilliar bushing is loose in the stock. Will that make a difference ? I have a lot of free bore in the barrel that I am not satisfied with. I have the 55grn Vmax COL @ 2.512". Maybe I am asking too much any help or advice appreciated. I have shoot rifles for 40+ years and pretty well know how to shoot from bench. I am serisouly considering glass bedding.

Well i still wasn't satisfied with out using some more powders and load combination. I finally got one using 38grns of 4007ssc and it will print one jaged hole at 100yrds from a five shot group, I guess I want have to do gun work after all. I was convienced the things i mentioned above were the problems and they should be dealt with but I believe i will leave well enough alone and start working on the ground hogs and coyotes.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.