CZ 452 Ultra Lux

Slick8

I had a Marlin 30-30 and 45-70, calling them Big and Little Enos Burdette...:cool:

Well, I sold the 30-30 but just added a CZ 452 Ultra Lux in 22LR to go with my CZ 453 Varmint in 17 HMR. The 452 / 453 is now discontinued and while not terribly hard to find, they're are getting there.

Anyway, here's my new 452 and my new Big and Little Enos collection. It's wearing a Millett 4-16 in BKL rings and a Harris Bi-pod. I plan to install a YoDave trigger kit and possibly a Boyd's thumbhole stock. If not, this one will get bedded and floated soon.

Indoor cell pics don't do these two justice but not a good weekend for the range.

Attachments

• CZ 452&3.jpg
    CZ 452&3.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 306
  • CZ 452.jpg
    CZ 452.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Nice looking set up you got there!

My CZ452 is one of the older BRNO made ones. It is a tack driver, but I need to get a better scope for it. I had a BSA Sweet 22 on it for a bit, but the .22 matches I am shooting in just got extended to 200 meters, so that scope doesn't cut it anymore. I am thinking on switching it out for a Mueller scope:

I want to get my 11 year old a lux for 4-h small bore rifle competition. He currently shoots a savage mark II but I think the lux would serve him better and grow with him. I can't find in a store for hm to handle but I bo have a CZ 455 varmint in 17hmr. Can you tell me what the comparison in weight would be from the savage to the varmint to the lux. I like the longer barrel of the lux but I'm worried about him being able to handle it ( he's not a very big guy). He can handle the varmint off hand standing so I'm wondering if he would be able to handle the lux prone. Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to drop 400-500 on a rifle that won't fit hm.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.