CVA OPTIMA V2 L/R reviews

7stw

Hello to all. I've just acquired a new cva Optima v2 LR, cerakote finish, 28 inch barrel. For over 6 years, I owned the shorter v2, stainless, and g ad great luck with it once I converted it to BH209, AND 250 GRAIN BARNES. Trigger feels the same, awesome.
Just getting some feelers to see feedback, and to wonder if I made a mistake, as my older model was deadly,( Over 35 deer 🦌 taken with it.)
Thoughts? Thanks in advance. Haven't sighted mine in yet, but will very soon.

I have the slighter older version of that ML in the 29" optima pro version. It was and still in an absolute tack driver with 150 grains of 777 and the 270 grain powerbelt platinum bullets.

I have the same exact gun. I am shooting blackhorn 209 84 grs by weight. With a 250 gr hornady sst. That is a 1 inch circle at 100 yds. A very accurate and deadly combo. I have killed 4 deer this yr with it. I have been carrying it during rifle season. I enjoy hunting with a muzzle loader. I got it late last yr. I killed 2 deer then. I bought 6 packs of the hornady 50 cal 290gr bore driver bullets. But way the current combo shooting. I am sticking with it. Had to overnight my blackhorn breech plug. After i got it there was a mistake on there end on shipping. So they didnt charge me overnight shipping. I wanted the breech plug th same color as my rifle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221122-131614_Photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20221122-131614_Photos~2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 66

Recent Posts