Customizing a Tikka T3

Connor

Im new to the site but i've learned a ton, so thank you all very much. Im not really a long range hunter as of yet but i'd like to become a better marksman and increase my shooting skills. I was curious if any of you know if its possible to cusotmize a Tikka some. I havent seen much (anything really) for Tikkas but I wondered if i could try to find things made for a Sako A7 which look similar to me (maybe not though). Just curious if its possible, it shot a .75 inch group at 200 off of a lead sled so Im not unhappy I'd just like to add some stuff to make it mine. Maybe a new stock since the composite stock on Tikkas are supposed to be fairly flimsy. Maybe even a trigger or something. The gun is a 25-06, and I use it for coyote huntin and a little paper punchin. Thanks alot!

Hinterlnd Shooting Supply in Australia offer a plastic bolt shroud replacement. I dont think they ship O/S though..
Its alloy I believe and looks the part taking on the receiver profile.

Another guy in Australia was building an alloy plastic trigger guard replacement but I havent heard about it lately.

You can get egw picatinny rail for LR applications to.

As for the trigger you can get a replacement spring to ease it down 2lb a bit from Ernie The Gunsmith in the US!

The action can be customised but they shoot well straight out of the box!

In addition there is a lovely stock in varmint profile available from a guy in Irealnd..It really is great but I cant remember his business name!

I forgot the Limbsaver pad can also be installed.. 10011 I think!

Last edited:
Mcmillan stock,some duracoat paint,new bolt handle and shroud and your on your way..

Also there is cheek piece specifically made for the T3 in N/Z. I saw an add for it in N/Z Hunter looked good to me.

Quite popular down under under.. Oh yeah my T3 7mm RM Camo shoots around .38 with 160 AB's..Its only going to get better as it was the third combo I tried!

I must get those 168 Bergers closer to the lands!

The bolt handle for HSS needs gunsmith fitting..

Love the T3 .....I also own an Accumark annd am having an edge built ..

T3 is my all rounder do anything!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.