Custom Bolt Work

I think I am going to leave well enough alone. I don't need to mess with something that is working.

JohnyRingo,

There are literally thousands of bolts fluted, threaded, timed, lapped and adjust every single day in the US. It is a common occurrence and frequent request by firearms owners and companies to dress up a bolt. There are thousands of extremely positive reviews which you can find on a multitude of websites. Yet one poster mentions a problem he had YEARS AGO on a Remington no less and you run off as if this is a significant finding.

I feel bad for you letting this one opinion color your decision...:(

JohnyRingo,

There are literally thousands of bolts fluted, threaded, timed, lapped and adjust every single day in the US. It is a common occurrence and frequent request by firearms owners and companies to dress up a bolt. There are thousands of extremely positive reviews which you can find on a multitude of websites. Yet one poster mentions a problem he had YEARS AGO on a Remington no less and you run off as if this is a significant finding.

I feel bad for you letting this one opinion color your decision...:(

Agreed!

I had two bad experiences with a gunsmith that is always named in threads like this and I know for a fact that he does good work because I have seen it first hand. One of mine could be fixed (but he charged me to fix his screw up) and the other one, I still live with.
Everyone has an off day.

If all you have done is a new bolt knob put on, it won't affect your rifle or bolt in any way. It's just the bolt handle (and just the end of it at that.) Skip the bolt fluting. Don't need it. Less chance for anything to 'go wrong' by skipping that.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts