• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Custom 700 257 Wby

Zhomeguy

I really like this cartridge! Full blown customized 700 receiver, trued, extractor, Hollands handle which entire bolt assembly was parkerized, fluted, etc etc. Bolt work and fluting done by LRI. All the fluting shown is square cut! Receiver body and barrel charcoal crakote. Douglas fluted custom turned air gauged premium match 1-7.5 twist. Sendero contour, 26" Manners EH1A
IMG_9972.jpeg
carbon fill. Brake, Hawkins Precision, Calvin Elite trigger. Chambering and assembly by West Texas Ordnance. I used a custom match grade reamer which I got from Blackjack Bullets, to run the 130's, the one other chamber I cut with it has produced excellent results, 1/2" MOA, don't expect anything different on this one! 4000$ Easily well over that in this build. Just at 9lbs 1/2lbs
You could run this baby in the NightForce Hunter series n likely kick butt!
I will sell her for $3850. I have a Defiance build with a 26" 1-7.5 twist Proof Carbon barrel I'm finishing that's going to be lighter but obviously a bit more $$ Defiance LA Hunter Mag receiver, and a Manners LRH stock and a Calvin Elite, I'm guessing she'll be smidge over 8lbs
IMG_9969.jpeg
IMG_9970.jpeg

Last edited:
Best wishes on her surgery, being a dog person myself. I've got another being finished soon. Will share when so. Sales kinda cooled thru the Holidays, so other than a few, I like its, nothing definitive. Prayers your way, and thank you for the interest.

Dear Zhomeguy, I am a 257 weatherby, nut, nut. I need this, but always that ( but ). I have possible vet surgery for my great border collie, she is doll . I hope it isn't malignant. Things prayful turn good and still available I will email you sir. Buck, in n.c.
Best wishes for your Pup!
What is her name and maybe post some pictures of her.
Borders are great companions-SUPER Smart,
BUT then again are not all our Canine companions super smart and loyal!
Hope everything works out for the BEST!
Len & Jill

Dear Zhomeguy, I also like your 7mm08. I missed it at first, that's a doll baby like my border collie. Z-man, depending on my situation, I may can purchase after get my tax refund back @ around the last Feb, or 1st of March, that is no one bites on either. This may be a cheer up for me. I am worried about her, she is family. I kinda like the 7mm-08 a lot Z-man. Buck in n.c.
Best wishes for your Pup!
What is her name and maybe post some pictures of her.
Borders are great companions-SUPER Smart,
BUT then again are not all our Canine companions super smart and loyal!
Hope everything works out for the BEST!
Len & Jill
Len, are Len Backus, of long range hunting. I want to help let me kno what you need money wise, for a first grade member. I read a lot on your forum. Thanks buck