• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Custom 458 Lott. Winchester model 70 Safari Express

Marine sniper

Winchester Safari Express chambered in 458 Lott.

I added a stainless steel extractor, tactical bolt knob (much more sure bolt operation) a 16 once recoil reducer and a little bit of lead in the fore-end for balance.

Rifle shoots well, is perfectly balanced and the bolt operation is sure and smooth. I am only selling due to building a custom 458 Lapua improved.

Rifle weight is 10.6 lbs.

I have dies and brass available as well.

PM for more pics. Converting from HEIC to Jpeg is a PIA.

$1400.00

Attachments

• 458Lott.jpg
    458Lott.jpg
    759.9 KB · Views: 263
That 458 lap imp sounds sweet. I might have to do something like that If I get tired of shooting plains game and go for a cape buffalo. To bad I'm a lefty. Have a free bump from another guy blessed enough to have hunted Africa.

That 458 lap imp sounds sweet. I might have to do something like that If I get tired of shooting plains game and go for a cape buffalo. To bad I'm a lefty. Have a free bump from another guy blessed enough to have hunted Africa.
I stopped loading at 2506 fps with a 22 in barrel and no pressure signs. I am pretty sure I can get 2600 or maybe more. I throated it long, etc, to get a lot of velocity and provide a cushion for pressure / heat. I will probably leave it where it is as far as velocity, 2450-2500 fps with a 500 gr. bullet in a 12 lbs. rifle and no brake has pretty significant recoil.

It was a fun project.

I stopped loading at 2506 fps with a 22 in barrel and no pressure signs. I am pretty sure I can get 2600 or maybe more. I throated it long, etc, to get a lot of velocity and provide a cushion for pressure / heat. I will probably leave it where it is as far as velocity, 2450-2500 fps with a 500 gr. bullet in a 12 lbs. rifle and no brake has pretty significant recoil.

It was a fun project.
I bet that one kills at both ends. That thing had to do really good on game. Sounds like a cape buffalo machine.