• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom 30 Nosler - One of a kind build, Cool history

Gamesniper19

You are viewing a one of a kind rifle that some people would say has a bit of history. This is the first 30 Nosler authorized by Nosler to be built prior to their launch at SHOT show. An article was written on it in a nationally known magazine which I have a copy of to go with the rifle. I built it for my personal use and since then it has pretty much sat in the back of the safe. I take it out, shoot about 20 rounds a year through it, clean it and store it. IT EVEN COMES WITH A SPARE BARREL Specs below:

Defiance Deviant Action

PROOF 8.5 twist carbon barrel, capable of stabilizing even the 245 EOL Berger - consistently shoots sub 1/2 five shot groups and even shoots quarter minute on my good days LOL - spare barrel is a 24 inch 9.5 twist PROOF carbon

Custom dipped McMillan carbon stock, dipped new a few months ago and not a scratch on it. Pillar and glass bedded

Custom 3 port brake

Timney Elite trigger set to 1-1/2 lbs

Kahles 624 scope NOT Included

20 rounds of custom loaded ammunition to get you started. Runs the 212 eldx at 2985 fps - Nosler brass. Will share load cocktail as well to ensure you can keep shooting

I am asking $4500. If you buy it at that price, I will throw in an extra PROOF carbon 30 cal 9.5 twist barrel. The barrel will not go if it sells for less than 4500. Negotiation - yeah I am open to it
If you know fine rifles you know its worth it. Without I would ask 4k. Please respect that I am choosing to sell the rifle and not "needing" to sell it so please understand that low bids will not be entertained.

This rifle has 186 rounds through it so it should have over 1000 rounds of barrel life, easily in its future. Bipod is NOT included

I will not sell to anyone outside the US and prefer the lower 48. This rifle may be legal in Cali but if you are in Cali or a state that has specific restrictions, it is 100% up to you to ensure legality before bidding. I do not accept returns. Buyer is responsible for all packing and shipping costs. Please ask any questions you might have.
IMG_2961.jpeg
IMG_0812.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments. It had been a great rifle for me.
24 inch bbl
Rifle weight 9lbs. I like to run magnums a bit heavier for obvious recoil reasons.

Drool.

I'm a fan of my 30 nosler and feel it's an under rated round that suffers from marketing and the propriety nature of nosler. It's a sweet spot in powder capacity and performance for the 30 cal mags imo. I'm running 230s at 2975 with room for 3050 with H1k. Could get more out of a hotter powder but I like where it's at.

Best of luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200807-183555_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-183555_Google.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 21
It, and the 28 nosler are the 2 calibers every elk and large big game hunter should consider and needs. Agree, it hasn't had a lot of press due to the 300 PRC explosion, and IMO it is 2x better than 300 PRC, more efficient and can handle higher BC bullets and not give up so much case capacity/speed etc

Sold the barrel to now asking 3700 for the rifle without the scope and bipod - I know someone wants a custom 30 cal for their elk season this year!

Last edited:
UPDATE
Sold the spare barrel separately. I am asking 3700 for the rifle, again no scope and no bipod included and I have to say this, I am uncomfortable with offers that ask me to do so (especially at that price)
This is a bad*ss rifle that is an elk dropping machine that will outperform a 300 PRC all day and in all categories. If you are even thinking about building a PRC, you will do better having a 30N for sure
Ask any questions you might have.