• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom .270 Hunting rifle

former naval person

Remington 700 stainless custom rifle. Brown Precision stock, Lilja barrel, Put together by Matt Strickland of High Plains Precision. Extremely accurate. Got too many rifles. $850.

Sounds nice. Accuracy with 130/140/150s? How many rounds fired? What barrel contour? Overall weight?

Thanks.

Nebraska: Ithink a #3 contour, 22inches. Likes 58 gr H4831 SC and Nosler 130 grainers. Doesn't seem to care much if Ballistic tip or Partition, although I haven't shot it that much...1/2 inchers are common and sometimes better if I can see well enough. Velocity right at 2900 but my chrono is old...like me, I guess. Built it up last year for deer season but did't get it back until season was over. Rem 700 stainless action trued and Lilja barrel fitted by Matt Strickland of High Plains Precision. Brown Precision stock pillar bedded with steel tubes set in with Devcon Steel. Full length barrel bedding...no pressure, just contact, with Black Silicone. Receiver redrilled and tapped 8-40 for the stronger tactical screws. All in all a strong, dependable all weather hunting rifle. Had a few inquires, but no committments yet. Paul

Nebraska...I forgot. Rounds fired, less than 100. Overall weight in the mid 7 pound range. On my spring scale with a 3x12x56 Zeiss mounted, it was a hair over 9 lbs with sling. So, I'd guess 7 1/4 or so. Paul