• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Crimson trace 3 Series 5-25

Well, there's a buyer in front of you, that sent me a message, he's got dibs on second if something happens. I'd say quality wise, it's quite similar to an XTR II, the 2 series is about the same as well, it's just 4x zoom instead of 5x. They are very clear, the glass is amazing for the price. Limited erector travel and no zero stop is their downside. I'm just moving to something with more travel, to take my small frame ARs the distance I'd like.

Well, there's a buyer in front of you, that sent me a message, he's got dibs on second if something happens. I'd say quality wise, it's quite similar to an XTR II, the 2 series is about the same as well, it's just 4x zoom instead of 5x. They are very clear, the glass is amazing for the price. Limited erector travel and no zero stop is their downside. I'm just moving to something with more travel, to take my small frame ARs the distance I'd like.
Thanks very much for the info!

Thanks very much for the info!
It's better than a XTRII for sure as I owned a XBRII. The XBRII has known issue for aberrations in bright light and especially when bright out and snow on the ground. Purple halo around images. I sold my XTR's, you won't have that with the CT series 2,3, and 5 scopes, solid glass and all MFG in Japan. They're solid and I own a few of them. I have a 2 series new in the box I may be selling as just have no need for it. I was able to make a homemade zero stop limiter on my 2 series. The new CT scopes are unfortunately all made in the Philippines now as CT bought out the old Nikon facility when they exited the scope business.

I was going to say that I think the glass is Sightron SIII/Nightforce NXS quality, and better than Burris, but everyone's eyes are different. Didn't want to ruffle too many feathers either.

Well, back up again I guess. If you don't want something, then tell the person that, it's common courtesy.

Last edited: