Cracked Stock

280Luxus

OK people I have a cracked maple stock on a Browning T Bolt 22 LR. Looking for some input on what the best glue to use on this repair? It is a nice clean crack/brake and easy to get a clamp onto it. Suggestions?

OK people I have a cracked maple stock on a Browning T Bolt 22 LR. Looking for some input on what the best glue to use on this repair? It is a nice clean crack/brake and easy to get a clamp onto it. Suggestions?
Pictures???
I have done stock repairs quite a few years ago and had good results with regular or extra strength WOOD Glue. Have not tried "Gorilla Glue for wood on stocks, but works great on other wood products. After clamping wipe off excessive glue. After it dries you can sand and stain along with coating with "Tru Oil".
You can PM me for any additional help.
Len & Jill

Last edited:
Pictures???
I have done stock repairs quite a few years ago and had good results with regular or extra strength WOOD Glue. Have not tried "Gloria Glue for wood on stocks, but works great on other wood products. After clamping wipe off excessive glue. After it dries you can sand and stain along with coating with "Tru Oil".
You can PM me for any additional help.
Len & Jill
Thanks for the reply!

Are you going to have to refinish the stock after the repair? It'd be nice to see a pic of the crack.
Gorilla glue may be a stronger adhesive, but I would use Titebond 3, easier to clean up.
IME with clamping gorilla glue, it oozes out of cracks for a long time, you fail to catch it, you'll have issues with your high gloss finish.

Pictures would help.

I had a forend that needed repair. In my case, a small channel was cut across the crack and a small strip of wood was glued into it. That created a very strong bond that has held up well on a 358 Norma Magnum rifle.

I repaired a Remington 700 30-06 stock with Brownells Acraglass (not gel) and a little of the brown dye in the kit. Stock repairs is the only thing I do with the Acraglass and it is very strong. After a little sanding and re-coating you could not tell that the entire toe of the butt stock had broken off and had been repaired.

I repaired a Remington 700 30-06 stock with Brownells Acraglass (not gel) and a little of the brown dye in the kit. Stock repairs is the only thing I do with the Acraglass and it is very strong. After a little sanding and re-coating you could not tell that the entire toe of the butt stock had broken off and had been repaired.
This is what I would do. if you color the Acuraglass you will not be able to find the joint.

3B84A1F9-7051-40AF-98E5-619AA9ADD88D.png
This is no ordinary super glue, we use it to bond granite, quartz, solid surface. I use it on vinyl and laminate flooring and repairing gun stocks. Dries up fairly quick with the thin stuff, a little more time needed for the thicker