coyote call

fatboyryder

Hi I am new to the site, long time hunter but new to coyote calling. I have a 22-250 and a Rock River AR 223 set up and ready to go, but now I need to figure out the call thing. Any help would be appreciated I am On the OH/PA/WV lines if the area makes a difference?

Electric=foxpro. With hand calls it is hard to say as I have a problem with open reads and will drowned in my own drool if I even think about a diaphragm but my partner can use any turkey,elk,coyote or whatever call and bring them in. So..... that is my suggestion. Foxpro or a partner with experience. Love calling em but spot and stock is where my passion lies.......... Hence the long range rigs........ lot more shooting and less "stocking"...............Good luck

i have not called back east. an electronic caller is great to start it leaves your hands free to shoot. if you get on predatormasters.com more info there too.

Cabelas sells a cheap speaker amp set up in camo. Any old sony disc player or mp player
can be plugged in. Lots of free mp3 calls available for free download.

Call foxpro an ask for aprice on a refurbished electronic call instock.. you;ll be happy you did..sloangun)

This isn't a recommendation, but I had to chuckle and tell the story...

My daughter and I were sitting in the deer blind a few weeks ago. A coyote walks out and sits in the shade for a minute or two. My daughter's to slow to get the gun in position so he dissapears into the brush.

While we wait, she downloads a dying rabbit call on her i-phone, holds it just outside the window and plays it. ...coyote makes an appearance. His last I might add.

Foxpro is a good one. I have an older cassette driven unit that was a hand-me-down. But, it works.

-- richard

A few years ago me and some friends who hunt on our deer leases that are up to 70 miles apart would hear people calling when we were deer hunting and it is usually a dying rabbit sound that sounds like we use after deer season. We were not having great luck so a friend said try the syco tweety from verminators the 1st time we tried it we had great luck. There are alot of great calls out there i also have a foxpro, but the syco makes a sound i have never heard but sometimes i use everything and nothing comes in thats calling.

Negley! Hell we're neighbors I'm in Elkton . Just starting this year to call and set up my rockriver with a 24" bull and a 6-24x on it. There is a bunch around to chase.

Gene

Hey Gene, we are neighbors if we live that close out here. I see them all the time while deer hunting and am ready to wipe a few out. How do you like your RRA? I picked up some match grade ammo online and as soon as it comes in I want to finish the zeroing and head out. Let me know if you want to meet.

Scott

Seen 2 coyotes this morning while hunting over by signal, whacked one with 50 cal. Muzleloader rolled down into strip cut flopping and death kicking whole way to bottom. Which inturn kicked a nice 150 class buck out at other end and proceeded to miss as he got to top of cut. Oh well at least itwas a clean miss and still have 3 days.
I have alot of fun shooting steel and paper with my rock river. If you want to shoot steel or papr and the go chase some coyotes let me know. I have range and bbench at house.

Gene

I will take you up on the offer, I don't really hunt with anyone local for yotes. We also have a 400 yd range here. save my number 330 509 1020

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.