Cow Elk Hunt

HOGGHEAD

Fellows I am looking for a place to go cow elk hunting next year(2011). I would prefer to hunt on private ground. I am a handicapped hunter with limited mobility. I do have a Kawasaki Mule that was modified by some friends for me. I am hoping to have my motor home by next year. So lodging is not really necessary, just a place to park my motor home. I do not want to spend alot of money on this hunt, but I am willing to pay a fair price(don't really know what that is for a cow hunt). So I am starting to look for good ideas right now. Then I figure I will have time to make a decision, and order any permits-or apply for permits if necessary.
I prefer to hunt with a rifle or a MZ. Not looking for a bow hunt. Anybody have any recommendations?? Or ranches I could contact?? Any good advice or state preference??
I have hunted and shot elk before in a couple of western states, but that was before my handicap. I would not be able to go back on those hunts again due to physical limitations. So I am basically starting all over.
I really like elk meat and just want to get back out west and hunt a little. I think a cow elk hunt would be a good way to do this. And have a relatively good chance of success(I hope).

If rifle hunting, I will be hunting with my heavy barrel 300 magnum. I feel confident enough with this rifle to 500 yards for deer. I would probably switch from my regular 165 grain bullets to the Sierra 200 grain bullet in 30 caliber for elk. But I still think with only taking proper shots(easier with a cow tag) I can be effective to that same distance.

All comments appreciated. Thanks, Tom.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.