Cordless e-fillet knife

FEENIX

I looked at the Rapala and Berkeley long and hard but settled with Bubba. We'll see if I made the right decision ...

Bubba cordless fillet knife 1 of 3.jpg
Bubba cordless fillet knife 2 of 3.jpg
Bubba cordless fillet knife 3 of 3.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, got it for the ice fishing season (mostly for perch) here in MT and summer annual fishing trip to Saskatchewan for northern pike and walleyes.
It looks like it would also be the bee's knees for cutting the foam in a Pelican gun case. Very nice!

Whats the price on that? I use the Rapala corded ones I got on clearance for 8.00 and they work great. I run a charter business outside the GoldenGate and in SF bay and Delta, on a charter I may fillet 80-90 rock cod to 15lbs and 18 lingcod to 40lbs and I have been using 3 of those knives for the last 8 years and they are still going and only had to replace blades once. The fish I an cleaning have very heavy rib bones and thats why I decided to try the electric life and the exceeded my expectations, I honestly didn't think they would last. I did try a cordless one and it wouldn't last even 10 rockcod before the battery was dead. keep us posted on how it works and how long the battery last.

Whats the price on that? I use the Rapala corded ones I got on clearance for 8.00 and they work great. I run a charter business outside the GoldenGate and in SF bay and Delta, on a charter I may fillet 80-90 rock cod to 15lbs and 18 lingcod to 40lbs and I have been using 3 of those knives for the last 8 years and they are still going and only had to replace blades once. The fish I an cleaning have very heavy rib bones and thats why I decided to try the electric life and the exceeded my expectations, I honestly didn't think they would last. I did try a cordless one and it wouldn't last even 10 rockcod before the battery was dead. keep us posted on how it works and how long the battery last.

The Rapala, Berkeley, and Bubba are all similarly priced at ~$125 and claims the battery to last ~2 to 2.5 hours (plenty for my intended use).

I love power most things but I'm with you on this one.
My arm is my battery.
When that runs out of power I Will have 2 feet in the grave!

I'm sure it has other applications which it would come in handy for .

I already have a variety of fillet knives but not electric or cordless. It is all about personal choice and intended use. I used to say the same thing about the human power, i.e., drilling to a foot or so thick ice with a crank type ice auger, now I use Eskimo drill ice auger and powered by cordless by a high torqued Milwaukee drill. Life is all about choices ...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.