Concentricity Guages?

805_Sniper

I need some advice on a concentricity gauge... Any thoughts? Was thinking of getting the Sinclair... Good/Bad???? Are they worth the investment for hunting loads???

"..thinking of getting the Sinclair... Good/Bad????"

Excellant choice, get the less costly dial indicator, it's plenty good.

"Are they worth the investment for hunting loads???"

Bigger question. For normal hunting, inside maybe 300 yards, probably not. The differences may be a lot by percentage of change but we're still talking about fractions of a Minute of Angle. I'm generally satiafied with 2 MOA accuracy for deer hunting but my best .30-06 loads cut that to a bit less than half - the deer can't tell any difference tho. I mean, even at 200 yards my worst hit will be off the cross wires either by 2 inchs or a bit under 1 inch. Big deal! ??

But, Sinclair's gage is the way to go.

just one more tool to help the reloader. I use the hornady, and one i built myself to check loads for new rifles or when working up new load for existing one.
I dont use them each and every time, except for loads for my "tack drivers" but I think they are a good investment.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.