Complacency Kills & Below 100

Deputy819

I hope my LE brothers and sisters here see this, but this is not just for LE only. This is for LE family, friends and supporters as well.
This week I completed 40 hours of annual 'In-Service' training as required by the Kentucky Law Enforcement Council. One of the classes was devoted to an organization called 'Below 100'. The instructor that taught that class was very good (and powerful) and I am compelled to pass this along to my LE family & friends here.....YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
I'll link the site as well as provide a link to a video that I had to leave the room on due to extreme 'emotional overload'. It is NOT graphic in nature and if/when you watch it you will understand....especially if you have precious little ones at home. We're losing too many of us due to complacency. Let's get behind the 8-ball on this one.

I'm not LE but I've got alot of friends that are . I'm sure Deputy819 I've probably told ya this before but thank you again for your service . And to all the others thank you too ! I'm a firm believer that y'all do keep almost all the wolves back . Keep on keeping on you all have my support!

I spent 39yrs in uniform and helped raise two little girls of my own. Sadly, one of the things that they remember most was that their dad was never there for Sunday night dinners with the extended family (yeah - we're Italian and still enjoy old world traditions) and that I was never there to enjoy the holidays with family & friends because I was committed to my work.

Thankfully, I only sustained minor LOD injuries and retired in one piece. I now spend an inordinate amount of time with my 3 grandsons who are 1.5yo-2.5yo. Just today, the oldest slept on my chest for two hours as he took a nap with his grandpa, which he loves to do.

Thoughts and prayers to all the law enforcement officers who have died in the line of duty and who will never get to cherish two hours with their kids or grandkids as I did today.

Last edited:
Wow brother, I'm not in LE but that is still tough to watch, I couldn't watch the entire video.

Again to you and all LE members here, active and retired, a big thank you for your sacrifice and dedication, especially in these tough times.

May God bless you and bring you home after every shift. For your safe return we pray.

Very emotional! I have friends that went out in the morning and never came home that very same night. Boys and girls never to see their dads or moms again. Wives and husbands never to see their spouces. Mothers & fathers never to see their sons and daughters. I don't want to make this political but the politicians need to stay the hell out of what our military and law enforcement are engaged in every day. The BS put forward by politicians that have no idea of what happens in a real fire fight. These politicans handicap and tie the hands of our servicemen & women by their stupid Rules Of Engangment . There would be a lot LESS mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, NOT coming home every night! God Bless all who serve and their familys!!!

I do not have see it to know what it is going to be from the front page/video cover.
It was the last video of that block of instruction (done on purpose obviously) and when I stumbled through the classroom door (I could barely see) I was met by the instructor, who is still active LE, on the other side of the door. He stood next to me while I attempted to regain my composure and told me that HE couldn't watch it either........and it was his class.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.