Commercial 7mm Remi Mag round

rcinmontana

All, having just gotten into shooting, I was hoping you could suggest a commercially prepared round for hunting Elk/Deer here in Montana and where it might be available
Thank you
RC

Nosler 168 grain long range accubond. Available at 3rd generation shooter supply

Remington core lokts are not hard on the pocketbook and have taken more big game than I could dream of. I personally reload, but I wouldn't hesitate to take core lokts out if I was after an elk. Just check em for accuracy... As you would anything else... 1" MOA should be sufficient for hunting... Or even 2" if you are only shooting out to 300 or so yards.

They have some in 140, 150 & 175 grain flavors for the 7mm rem mag. I'd shoot the 175s personally, but I know plenty of guys that have taken elk with the 140s in 7mm.

Good luck and stay safe!

Buy a box of Remington's around 140-150 grains. Don't go with 175's unless you have a 1-9" twist. No point dealing with the recoil if they won't shoot as good.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts