Colt Anaconda ,shoots to the left

Iron Worker

I have a 2nd generation Colt Anaconda, and it's "Bad to the Bone," I've been shooting reduced loads out of it, 17.4 grs of 2400 behind a coated 240gr bullet. I installed new Wilson combat sights; ( They're very nice). Regardless, the windage is maxed out to the right, and I still hit left. It doesn't happen with my other wheel guns. I'm asking myself what fundamental mistake I am making. I still hit gallon jugs at 30 yds when I favor the right.

I have a 2nd generation Colt Anaconda, and it's "Bad to the Bone," I've been shooting reduced loads out of it, 17.4 grs of 2400 behind a coated 240gr bullet. I installed new Wilson combat sights; ( They're very nice). Regardless, the windage is maxed out to the right, and I still hit left. It doesn't happen with my other wheel guns. I'm asking myself what fundamental mistake I am making. I still hit gallon jugs at 30 yds when I favor the right.
Switch hands!
Just kidding. It is usually your trigger finger pulling. How did it shoot with the factory sights?

Also have you put the pistol in a Pistol Vise and then shoot to see how it actually hits. I know my Father-in-law shoots every pistol differently do to his Grip. He tells me the pistol (s) shoot High, Low, right, left. I shoot and no problem and put in a Pistol Vise and they are usually right on.
Another thing I have see with adjustable sights is the direction of the sight movement was incorrect. The more it was moved the more it shot the wrong direction. Try moving your sight in the opposite direction.

Have you had another shooter shoot it? One of my kids (adults) Was shooting one of my big bore revolvers and hitting consistently left or right, but it hit dead on for me. You stated that it does not happen with your other wheel guns. But it's worth a shot (no pun intended) before shipping it back to Colt.

F9F3758C-6878-41C8-A91C-5C4407CD103B.png

I have a mod 29 with same thing and sent it to S&W and they fixed it - sight now centered. Target is from S&W.

Attachments

• gun+fight+friday+007.jpg
    gun+fight+friday+007.jpg
    828.2 KB · Views: 41
Have you had another shooter shoot it? One of my kids (adults) Was shooting one of my big bore revolvers and hitting consistently left or right, but it hit dead on for me. You stated that it does not happen with your other wheel guns. But it's worth a shot (no pun intended) before shipping it back to Colt.
It has to be me. I'm not shipping anything.

I'm getting old, And I wasn't the greatest pistol shot before that. After a few full bore loads from my .44 mag I will start anticipating the shot and push it left and low. I know what is happening and just have to concentrate harder. A really good trigger helps loads. But if I'm messing up I stop and shoot another day.