Colorafo SB22-031 Prohibit Hunting Bobcat Lynx And Mountain Lion

Definitely idiots making and voting on these bill's. Did they consult with any conservation officials or biologists on this bill? The deer population isn't going to fare well if they pass this!

Thanks for sharing. I will be following this locally to see what happens. I have already passed it on to some fellow hunters that aren't on the forum.

They want to ban lynx and I don't get it. The lynx was introduced to Colorado by the government. They are an invasive species.
If they want to politically correct, lol, they should put a bounty on them and get the state back to its natural condition before they messed it up

I sent a message through the "howl for wildlife" link above a few days ago. I received the following response, and just wanted to share. I am sure many others are getting the same response, but hopefully others are in the same boat as Mr. Sonnenberg:

Chad,

Unfortunately, there are those in the legislature that don't understand the impacts of changing an ecosystem. They also don't understand that these animals are along the front range and an increased population will mean attacks in the urban areas as well as rural areas.

I indeed will be opposed to this bill and will do what I can to educate my fellow legislators on the unintended consequences of this potential new law.

Thanks again for reaching out to me.
Thank you,

Jerry Sonnenberg
Colorado Senate District 1
4465 CR 63
Sterling, CO 80751

www.ElectSonnenberg.com

I sent a message through the "howl for wildlife" link above a few days ago. I received the following response, and just wanted to share. I am sure many others are getting the same response, but hopefully others are in the same boat as Mr. Sonnenberg:

Chad,

Unfortunately, there are those in the legislature that don't understand the impacts of changing an ecosystem. They also don't understand that these animals are along the front range and an increased population will mean attacks in the urban areas as well as rural areas.

I indeed will be opposed to this bill and will do what I can to educate my fellow legislators on the unintended consequences of this potential new law.

Thanks again for reaching out to me.
Thank you,

Jerry Sonnenberg
Colorado Senate District 1
4465 CR 63
Sterling, CO 80751

www.ElectSonnenberg.com

Wait till pooky the pug and a few other pets get dragged off or ate right in front of them by a sud-adult lion or young bear, next will be their kids. And the wolves will be next to join the dinner bell