colorado unit 371.. some info please..

kaseyfied

wondering if anyone has hunted in or around this unit.? I am going to do a back country bow hunt this year in colorado and this looks like a good place to start.. buddy of mine lives close so thats why I chose the eagles nest wilderness.. not looking for where the huge bulls or.. jst some tips on how people have hunted it.. and where they have been seeing bulls at in september.. high.. low.. anything would be helpful thank you in advance

kasey

I would start high. Any of those canyons running off the Gore range can hold bulls. We have had good success around the Black Creek area. Also check out Mirror lake. Hope this helps and good luck.

I could X it on the map for you but I do that too much much for www guys whom I never hear from again. Just go north of Green Mtn Lake and turn left. Go high. ( dont stop and blow your nose like I did and scare up a whole herd that was laid up on a ridgeline midday).

And good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.