Colorado or Wyoming mule deer honey holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
I have been on guided hunts for deer, elk and sheep in alaska, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, New Mexico, Old Mexico and Wyoming. Now I feel I am at the point where I would rather do most of my hunting from here on without the involvement of a professional guide.

So...I am looking for advice as to where I can go out west to hunt mostly deer and antelope. If you have a favorite spot you'd like to share that would be nice.

Shoot me an email if you have a suggestion. (I don't want you ask you to share your secrets with the world…just with me!)

[email protected]

Be sure to tell me your LRH.com handle.

Thanks for all the private emailed suggestions. I am heading out west in 2 weeks to meet one of our long-time members who is going to show me one of his honey holes in Montana. He has relationships there with several ranchers where he has had access for mule deer hunts for years. I didn't draw a Montana tag this year but expect to next year.

Wyoming and Colorado have more available deer tags. I've had some good suggestions on public hunting spots in Wyoming and Colorado. I am still hoping to find some private land there to hunt on. Paying a tresspass fee would be fine with me.

So...anyone willing to share their private land Wyoming or Colorado honey holes with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.