CO ELK Draw is out

So I checked the brochure, and assuming your draw code is E-F-070-O2-R, then the DOW was right... That is in fact an A-type tag.

But you can still get a cow archery OTC B-type tag. Slightly different units it's valid in compared to the either sex tag but still lots of options.

I will look into it. Thanks for the explanation. The A,B,C tags are somewhat confusing to me

Somewhat? No kidding. It amazes me how confusing EVERYTHING is with getting tags. I still have to call the DOW to figure it all out, and it seems like there's always differences between species and then they always change it up on us.

Anyways, don't be afraid to call the DOW as much as needed to figure it all out. Important to get it all right and is good to be 100% sure you are doing at all right when you head into the field.

Good luck!

Thanks! BTW I drew that 2nd season cow tag, a 2nd season deer tag, and a 1st season rifle bear tag! Had some pretty good luck drawing this year! In all my family has 6 tags in September, 2 rifle bear tags and 4 elk for archery and muzzleloader. and for the 2nd season we have 5 elk and 4 deer tags! One of the elk being my grandpa's unit 61 bull tag, took him 17yrs to get! I don't mean to brag but this year has already been a pretty successful one, if I would of knew it was gunna be this good I would have sent in for sheep, goat, and moose :D

wow, congrats! You and your family are going to have an epic year hunting. And that unit 61 bull tag with your grandpa is going to be pretty special. Keep us all posted with how all the hunting works out! Now you get to spend all summer preparing. Shoot straight!gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.