Close up of bowhunter and moose

First thing that comes to mind....holy friggin close!!

Second thing was......Guy must have had some excellant scent control !!

With my recent luck bow hunting I prolly still would missed!:D

I thought that after the first time she nosed the broadhead and then stuck her head up and beside the bow that she was going to lean up and give him a kiss :) or at least lick his face like she did the broadhead.

I've gotta say that he stood remarkably still under the circumstances although I'd like to see how calm he was after they walked away.

One time my hunting buddy and I were up calling elk before the season and he was standing beside a pine tree that a trail went by. The edge of the tree was on the edge of a game trail.

I was across a small draw about 100 yards away and in behind a small water hole. I called a spike elk in from about 500 yards or so and he walked right by the tree where my buddy was hiding behind.

He later said that he could have reached out and touched the elk without even straightening his arm. I will also say that he didn't speak legibly nor did he quit shaking and babbling for at least 15 minutes after the close up encounter with the elk.:rolleyes:

I would say that the hunter got up close and personal with that cow moose and he calf, also he had some brass bXXXs for staying so STILL.

I have been chased by moose 3 times and I don't really want to push my luck!

Great video. :)

we called a bull up to within about 4' and it was quite a hoot until it just kept getting closer. inside of 15' i wasn't very comfortable with a rutting 3 yr old bull.

was that a moose shed on the ground?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.