Close to getting a Hornady Lock 'N Load

Litehiker

After looking at all the progressive reloading presses and talking to a few who professionally reload large quantities of ammo I get the impression that the Hornady Lock 'N Load press is the most reliable after a lot of use.

I'll be using mainly Neil Jones standard threaded dies. They are truly custom quality.

Any reason to not get the Hornady press?

I personally like mine, however, I don't use it for anything but misc work like primer removal, etc for my long distance rounds. I prefer the results i get when using my single stage Redding. I do have to admit that the only thing I don't like about the hornady lnl ap is that large primers tend to get stuck (at least in my press) in the brass ejector tube. It gets annoying sometimes as I have to pull the tube and use a rod I keep handy to knock them out, either one way or the other. However, it's a hell of a lot better than the depriming system on my big boss, so I live with it.

I do use the lnl ap for pistol rounds which I consider a joy to use compared to a single stage. That's my 2 cents and I'm sure others have different experiences and opinions. Good luck and I'm sure you can't go wrong with either a Dillon or Hornady progressive press, or a good turret press.

James

–-------------------

The definition of insanity is only being allowed to own a single firearm.

X2. I've loaded 5k pistol rounds on my LNL so I can't vouch for very long term heavy use, but so far it's been great. I also use it to deprime and prime rifle cases because it's so fast and easy. But I still use a Forster for sizing and seating rifle cases.

The best part of any Hornady product is their customer service. I've called them a few times on various issues and they've been great to deal with.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.