Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic Problems

awaldro7

I have a hornady lock-n-load classic that I am having problems with for the second time. This press most likely has made less than 300 rounds total....The problem is that there is play in the lock-n-load bushings. I have made sure that the bushings are fully locked and it still doesnt help. Whenever I size a case, seat a bullet, or flare a case mouth you can visibly see the entire die and bushing rise up approximately 1/16". The amount it rises varies depending on how much resistance it has to overcome. I have already replaced all the bushings and the bushing inside of the press itself. This is causing numerous problems with my loads as you can imagine. Its very hard to maintain consistency with this happening. I wish that I could convert the press into a regular press and get rid of the lock-n-load function completely. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or should I just buy a new press?

Thanks!

Don't have this problem with mine and have loaded over 3 thousand rounds on it. The bushing and die do float a tiny bit, which I see as a good thing. But vertical rise is none to nil.

Maybe try thicker O rings on the bushing. You can get thicker ones at a good HW store.

You may be able to find someone who converted their RockChucker or Lee press over to the Lock n Load bushing system, and see If they would part with the original bushing.

You may be able to find someone who converted their RockChucker or Lee press over to the Lock n Load bushing system, and see If they would part with the original bushing.

If I ordered a replacement bushing for a rockchucker or other press would it fit in the hornady?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.