Classic movie lines thread

Full Metal Jacket…the entire movie.
Yell Full Metal Jacket GIF

Again, copy - paste from my files.

Thanks for this thread! Vivid memories of real conflict & bad stuff.

My favorite movie is - Trading Places.

Eddie Murphy, Dan Aykroyd , Ralph Bellamy, Jamie Lee Curtis - lots of action without bombs & bullets but gets into financial & class warfare.

A somewhat convoluted story. Winthrop (Dan Aykroyd) is defamed by the Dukes brothers (Ralph Bellamy & Don Ameche) & reduced to human rubble & replaced by Valentine, a black street guy (Eddie Murphy). Ophelia, a nice hooker lady (Jamie Lee Curtis) restores Winthrop, enabling him to fight (war) the Dukes brothers on the stock exchange.

This now gets into "short sales". The Dukes, using disinformation, create an impression that orange juice values will drop to new lows and borrow $ to buy huge amounts of OJ futures. Winthrop, a real smart guy despite being an elite, sees thru all this and scrounges up enough cash to buy large amount of OJ futures. Finally, the orange harvest is better than normal, OJ values are high, & the Dukes are forced to pay up their loan at ending high values. The Dukes cannot pay up & are kicked out of the stock exchange in disgrace. Winthrop pays back his group's futures loan by low value futures & reaps a huge harvest $.

This gets into my family's situation. My aged mother bought a large amount of shares in a relatives company. I, having some insight into the company's doings had suspicions. I am no Winthrop in all aspects, but I smelled bad stuff. I read a glowing company report produced at year end & smelled bad stuff & sold out the whole works, taking a minor capital gain tax hit. Sure enough, the following year, the company's stock fell to record lows, the worst drop in Nasdaq history. Imagine the $ harvested, stock future loans paid back in shares bought at some 12% of ending low values (share to share pay back). Imagine the damage done to unwary investors -$$$$.These company guys would make the Duke brothers look like inept fools. The stock exchange kicked the company out, but the damage was done. The relative quit the company & received a massive cash payment & very sly operators took control.

I liked Trading Places, the good guys won.

I usually avoid war movies, but I sat thru American Sniper. One scene sticks into my mind is when our guy shoots an enemy under the engagement rules - enemy armed & a threat. Don't know for sure, ,but I'm guessing the bad guy was killed with a .300WM shooting 190 Si MK's with closed tips. Big blood splash on masonry behind the enemy.

Last edited: